Σελίδες

23 Μαΐ 2014

THINK WELLNESS


6 Tips to Keep You Moving



I know, you work hard, you are tired and the couch is so tempting! Trust me, I have been there. Ma’m you NEED to break free from the comfort zone of your couch and I have the tips for success! Just keep reading!

1. The One
Find the type of exercise that is right for you. I tried in the past gymnastics, aerobics, outdoor running, skiing, gym fitness, even squash, but nothing seemed to last for long, until I found the one: pilates.
Pilates is my perfect match because it combines mental stimulation with exercise and keeps me back pain free.

2. Fitness with Intention
Crop tops and bikinis are good enough reasons to keep you motivated? Fitness goals will keep you going. For instance, the techy MrA uses the Nike+ Running app to track his running distance, pace, time and set goals.
Take though one step at a time. Once I was back pain free, I opted for gaining my strength and now I am working hard to get to the fitness level of my sister, who is six years younger than me (ha!). Here I come!

3. The Place to Be
Find the right environment for you, indoors or outdoors, class or personal workouts.
Ok, sweaty, smelly gyms have never been my place to be!

4. Make it Social
Make work out time, fun time with a friend. When the couch is screaming out loud come to me, you do not want to bail on a friend! Do you?
Well, as I am writing this, I am thinking that I’ve tried sister bonding at the gym, exercise with a girlfriend, cool couple activities, but no luck for me… Oh god, I am such an anti-social nerd during my pilates work outs, as I am breathing in and out like a mad woman in labor, struggling to stay focused on my next goal….

5. Just do it
Incorporate your workout in your weekly schedule. Trust me, a regular rhythm of being active will eventually become a habit.
As a creature of habit, I have all my workout sessions pre-booked on the same days for the last 3 years. No room for excuses!

6. Pay the bill
I also have all my workout sessions of the month prepaid. Not making the most of your money, in the middle of an economic crisis, hurts more than going to the gym!

Enjoy it because it is happening!

Image via Pinterest

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου