Σελίδες

1 Οκτ 2014

THINK YUMMY: Mama Roux: Daring to Be Different!


My brief trips to Athens are almost always chaotically fun. Carried away by the energy  of the city, I am usually on a tight schedule, jampacked with events, meetings, visits and family time. But this time, I managed to have a few hours for just MrA, myself and the city. 

                                                              {Mama Roux, 48 Aeolou St., Athens, Greece}

As MrA and I were walking down Aeolou St., we were caught in a summer rain and decided to find comfort in Mama Roux at No48.  It was the perfect spot for us to soak in the bustling Athenian life through its front window tables, while enjoying a delicious, ethnic-driven lunch in a laid back restaurant environment with an industrial feel and a lively mix of people - families, youngsters, hipsters, business people, as well as artsy intellectuals -. It was both fascinating and liberating to be able to choose from a colorful, multicultural menu integrating many different cultures’ contributions to the culinary world and enjoy our lunch with such a mixed crowd.

I went for the Middle Eastern Falafel for a starter, which was served alongside a salad and an amazing tahini-based sauce. For my main course, I chose the delicious Indian Tandoori Chicken souvlaki with juicy chicken marinated in Indian herbs, lemon and yogurt and served with chutney raita, rice and spicy Arabic pita, while people at the adjacent tables were enjoying American burgers and Mexican burritos. No doubt, Mama Roux is the place to push your limits and expand your horizons when ordering.

I wish I had the time for a cocktail at the restaurant’s bar area and more flavorful finds ...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου